Sunday 30 December 2012

reality

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
UntitledIris Murdoch

Hugging the cat, watching films - carrot soup, Christmas eve - perfume oil - cat brooches and Max Weiler, always - still thinking about Iris Murdoch.

Yes, I'm thinking about the past year too. It's been difficult, it's been beautiful, I've learned so many things, but if I were to sum it up I'd probably say that I've grown up. I read and re-read Iris Murdoch's essay The Sublime and the Good which is where the quote in the last picture is from. You may say that it's trite, but it isn't for me. It's what I'll remember when I think about 2012 in the future, because ultimately that's what all the hysterical laughter is all about, that and the occasional arguments, the sandwiches by the river, the e-mails, crying on trains, kissing on or under bridges, drinking tea or gin, hiding in the library, missing people terribly, playing ukulele to surprised people in boats, tight hugs, everything. To me, growing up is a long and painful process that has much to do with learning about other people, not just about myself. Who knows what the next year will bring? I'm guessing ch-ch-ch-changes, to quote David Bowie.

2 comments:

  1. it's indecent how your diary influences and inspires me. I'd like to watch new photos every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so beautiful, serene, thoughtful and honest. I really enjoy every blog posts. x

    ReplyDelete