Saturday 3 January 2009

16

I was tagged by Madika to reveal 16 random things about myself so here we go!


1) I recently found out that I had long hair when I was about eight years old. It almost reached my shoulders. Until I saw my younger self on video, looking like a wild child, I had completely forgotten that it wasn't always short(ish).

2) These two necklaces will be mine soon:3) I like milk.

4) I can't wait so see "Milk":




5) It is my guilty pleasure to drink very strong tea whilst watching Fashion TV. I just wait for Iekeline Stange or Irinia Lazareanu to appear:




6) When I was little my dad always walked me to kindergarden. He used to tell me stories from the Odyssey or the Iliad in a specific rythm and with a certain humor. I can still hear him reciting in my head.

7) I think this is one of the reasons why I like poetry. Words, to me, are more impressive and more powerful than a melody or a painting or any other way one could use for expressing themselves. I love knowing poems by heart; my mother made us all learn "Prometheus" by Goethe for example years ago, and it has stayed with me. These days, the beginning of "I Wanna Be Yours" by John Cooper Clarke is stuck in my head. I often repeat words in my head, more often than melodies even.

I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford Cortina
I will never rust
If you like your coffee hot
let me be your coffee pot
You call the shots
I wanna be yours

So nice!

8) An hour ago I finished reading "La chartreuse de Parme" by Stendhal and thought the ending was very strange, as was most of the book.

9) My obsession with skijumping is slightly embarrassing, but I still think it's the most interesting sport there is.

10) When I attend lectures about the history of South-Eastern Europe I sometimes have to bite my lip to prevent myself from jumping up and down in my seat with enthusiasm, especially when the subject is Greece in the 19th century. It is a shame that I know more about Greek history than about Austrian history in the same period.

11) Speaking of history: I was always enthusiastic about it - well, as soon as I knew that it was a discipline of its own. I got books about Napoleon and Talleyrand from the library when I was twelve or thirteen. For a long time (post-) revolutionary France was what interested me most.

12) My parents used to tell me that I reminded them of Jane Austen's "Emma". When I read the book, I didn't know whether I should be pleased or annoyed. I settled for wishing I knew a man like Mr Knightley.

13) People who play their guitars aimlessly in my presence annoy me to no end.

14) One of the things I'd like to do before I die is to walk from one end of Austria to the other. I really like climbing mountains - everyone in my family does - and this would be the ultimate challenge.

15) I never ever want to leave the district I live in even though it's rough and sort of ugly and there's nothing going on here.

Ruhe


16) I really like this t-shirt I made for Kevin:

Bear 1

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are awesome:) i come to your blog because i like the name( i mean, come on who doesn t like doing impossible things;), then i get a bit blah when i see you do not post that often. sometimes i wander around the blog and i stalk your older postings and i read a post like this and i remember why i come back to your blog.
    if i ll have a chance to go back to Europe i ll most definitely love to meet you. until then, keep being awesome

    ReplyDelete