Saturday 3 April 2010

ghost




New York turned out to be an exceedingly wet city. For three days, it was raining so hard that subway stations had to be closed because they were under water. So one night we went to the cinema. We watched "The Ghostwriter". As you know, I'm useless when I try to write about books, and I'm even worse when it comes to movies. It's pretty hard to put into words what one likes or dislikes about a film. But I loved this one. The colour, the dialogue, the acting, the plotty plot (no talk about feelings), the way it was filmed. It was pretty great. I might even want to see it again.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love "plotty plot." I might have to use that sometime to describe a movie that's...well, plotty plottish.

    That totally sucks that New York was raining for most of the time you were there (hopefully, not the whole time?). I went there last year during the summer and even though it was miserably humid, I had a blast. I love that city. I hope you got to roam around when it was dry! Do you have any photos from the trip?

    Also, I used to watch the B&S DVD all the time just because it made me happy. It still does but I just re-discovered while I was cleaning my room the other day. Still so good!

    P.S. I'm supra glad you like the new blog; I am much happier in my new space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed...a very good movie!

    PS: I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete