Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday

a Sunday
staring at my shoes
bricks


Even a Gemeindebau (council housing/municipality building) looks like a mysterious castle on a rainy Sunday morning. Well, it wasn't raining exactly, the air was just full of water. Wonderful. When I was little, I used to hate Gemeindebauten, I thought they were simply ugly and slightly creepy because most of them are quite massive. However, having spent so much time at Kevin's place lately, I've slowly been converted by wonderful details like the bricks above, or the shape of the windows, or simply the big trees. From Kevin's window you can look down onto a big courtyard and a couple of weeks ago we spied on a teenage couple, they just stood there and talked and hugged each other and seemed quite shy. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment