Monday 23 November 2009

il corpo delle donne

Zentrierttoo early

On Saturday I was an hour early for work because... well, actually I have no idea why it happened. The museum was still closed and I was almost the only one there.

On my way home today I read an article about "How Silvio Berlusconi Uses Women on TV"
and I think you should read it too. Everyone knows that Berlusconi is in control of virtually all the Italian TV stations. 80 % of Italians get their news from watching television - apparently because Italian newspapers are too highbrow. Knowing that is bad enough, but reading about how a woman's main tasks on TV seems to be to smile dumbly or show her breasts was simply disgusting. It's as if a 50s stereotype has come back to life. Just watch this video, it's a part of the documentary "Il corpo delle donne" in which clips from various Italian talkshows are spliced together. You don't really need to know Italian to get the message. Be sure to at least watch the very last minute. It made me feel sick. And the worst thing is that, according to the article, many young girls aspire to be a showgirl one day. How sad is that?




"La presenza di donne in TV è una presenza di quantità, raramente di qualità."
The worst thing is that, according to the article, many young girls aspire to be a showgirl one day. How sad is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment