Tuesday 22 September 2009



I get it, I really really get it! Ah, the heartbreak. There's a discussion over on livejournal about romance in the age of Twilight and I do think that Brideshead Revisited might be the most romantic/heartbreaking story there is. That, and "Like" by Ali Smith because it's basically a modern, female version of a similar story. I like my romance with a bit of heartbreak, you know - happy endings make me feel slightly sick. And stories about women being rescued by men make me want to cry, and not in a good way. What do you think? Dani?

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree, of course, with all you said!
    Sometimes the lack of heartbreak in my life makes me feel positively wretched ;) ... so at least the love stories I consume must be tragic!

    ReplyDelete