Monday 6 October 2008

conversations

I talk about the PSP and similar things with a bunch of eight-year-old girls:
Me: I'm not really into those things. I didn't even have a gameboy.
Tiny girl (dismissive): Well, yeah, they didn't exist back then!
Me (amazed): Umm, I'm not that old. I'm only twenty-one!
Tiny girl (disdainful): Ye-es. That one can see. You look really young.
Me: Err, ok. I'm going to just...go over there.


It's such a joy to work with children, especially little girls. They manage to tell you that you were apparently born in prehistoric times and look like you're not supposed to do workshops about science all at once.


I hurry past the Greenpeace and newspaper vampires in front of the university who want me to give them my money. Young man jumps at me:
Me (arrogantly): Don't even try, you're wasting your time.
Male: You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Will you marry me?
Me: Err, thanks. But no thanks.
Male: Why not? I'm beautiful!
Me: Really? I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment