Tuesday 16 September 2008

I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick.

I am in Edinburgh. It is raining. Autumn is upon us and I find that thoroughly depressing.

The tough Scottish girls are still wearing flip-flops. At night they go out wearing little strapless dresses without tights or cardigans. I wear thick tights, a warm wooly hat and a trusty jacket.

Harry Potter is on my mind constantly:



It's just down the street.

Yesterday we went to Glasgow. When I first visited several years ago, it was a bit of a let-down after spending time in lovely Edinburgh. Glasgow isn't that obviously charming. However, this time around I thought it was brilliant. It's an interesting place and one afternoon wasn't nearly enough time to do it justice. Hopefully I'll manage to go back at one point.



We went to some places that appear in one of my favourite Belle and Sebastian videos, "Lazy Line Painter Jane". Kelvingrove Park!! Another favourite is "This Is Just A Modern Rock Song":



Appaling youtube-quality, mind you.
Ah, walking round Glasgow and knowing that 2/3 of your favourite bands are from there! Franz Ferdinand's best music video is obviously Darts of Pleasure because it is so bizarre. Features a camera filming stuff through Alex' teeth, Nick when he was still wearing pink trousers, the Stereo and enthusiastic teeth brushing.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, ich hab total vergessen, dass des dieses Video gibt. Ich glaub ich hab das das letzte mal vor 4 Jahren gesehn. Wenn nicht länger.
    The speed of the Zeitvergehing is most disconcerting!

    Ah.
    Schöner Post.

    Wetter auch hier beschissen, im übrigen. Ich erfrier grad ein bissl.

    ReplyDelete