Monday 18 August 2008

Car crime's low, gun crime's lower,
the town hall band CD, it's a grower,
you never hear of folk getting knocked on the bonce,
although there was a drive-by-shouting once,
but there's a brass band everywhere,
and I don't drive so I don't care,
and as a nightingale sang in Berkley Square,
what is Chatteris if you're not there?

(Half Man Half Biscuit are amusing and this particular song is really good. Go to my muxtape to listen to that one and other nice songs, I finally made a new mix.)

Suppose all the lions get up and go,
And all the brooks and soldiers run away;
Will Time say nothing but I told you so?
If I could tell you I would let you know.

(I can't believe The Pastels turned one of my favourite Auden poems into a song. It's way too perfect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment