Wednesday 23 January 2008

yeah




All I want is to cycle round our streets.

I'm listening to Los Campesinos! a lot. Really looking forward to seeing them live. Their album has some really hilarous titles, e.g. "This Is How You Spell "Hahaha, We Destroyed The Hopes And Dreams Of A Generation Of Faux-Romantics"" or "... And We Exhale And Roll Our Eyes In Unison". It's such self-referential pop! I love that!

It kind of makes me really sad that Heath Ledger is dead. I quite admired him in Brokeback Mountain, that was one of the films that made me realise that what I want in a film is really good acting. That was about the same time I watched The Queen, too.

Too much empathy.

I'm reading Capote's "Other Voices, Other Rooms" right now, by the way. Capote is such a legend, that film "Infamous" was so brilliant, I thought his novels must be excellent. So far, it's nothing but a faux-impressionist neo-gothic novel to me, there's something in there that almost physically disgusts me. Well, that might be a little too strong, but still... I can't quite put my finger on it... I shall read the whole book and then take my time considering it. Probably a psychological effect, not liking Capote.

No comments:

Post a Comment