Wednesday 23 April 2014

to the hills

IMG-20140416-WA000P1090240P1090243P1090246P1090249

A week ago my brother texted me a picture, picture number one up there, along with the words, 'Vienna is waiting for you!' I was on my way home from a gig I had left early and I sat on the overground staring at the photo, filled with longing.
 Today we climbed the tower from which the photo was taken, a familiar and favourite haunt. It's easy to put things in perspective when you're looking down on a city (a city that doesn't go on and on in an endless sprawl, a city that is surrounded by rolling hills and forests, by fields and water). Vienna is in bloom, green and fragrant and very quiet over Easter. Its woods are filled with tiny caterpillars that we picked out of each others' jumpers. Deep breaths, recuperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment