Saturday 25 August 2012

more afternoons like this, please

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

This is the first non-summer I've ever had. We've basically had the same weather since March - rainy and usually not warm enough to leave the house without a cardigan and an emergency rain jacket. It's very confusing. On the other hand, it means that whenever it is sunny and warm (which is only ever for a few hours at a time anyway) I drop everything and run out of the house/the library and up on a hill.
A week ago I grabbed some cinnamon buns, put on my headphones (I'm listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks again, very soothing if you're writing a dissertation) and decided to explore a hill that I hadn't really been to before. Turns out that the area is filled with adorable dogs, has one of the nicest views and reminds me much more of meadows at home than any other place in Durham. When I went back a few days later, we had to pull on jumpers because we were shivering in the sun. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. are you aware that the wish expressed in your title, more afternoons like this, is followed by a cemetery pic?! funny though:)

    ReplyDelete