Wednesday 23 May 2012

weekend away

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

A weekend in the commuter belt. I had no idea that it could be that nice. I guess I'd always imagined it as rows and rows of identical houses.
I wish I had taken more pictures, but at the same time I'm glad I didn't. It was a great weekend.

Person A: "So who's reading Nancy Mitford?"
Person B: "Me."
Person C: "In case you hadn't guessed, the book on quantum mechanics is mine."

It's true, I've been reading Nancy Mitford and it has left me puzzled. Charmed, yet bored at the same time. I didn't know that was possible. The Pursuit of Love was funny, I did like it, but I found Love in a Cold Climate a bit pointless. However, I did like this bit:

"No aimless dalliance hand in hand beneath warm skies for poor English lovers who, if circumstances drive them to making love out-of-doors, are obliged to choose between the sharp brisk walk and the stupefying stuffiness of the cinema."

How true.

1 comment:

  1. i love that what looks like an extra bit f house plonked on top

    ReplyDelete