Monday 14 November 2011

a room of my own

P1030673P1030679P1030680P1030681P1030683P1030692

Sunday night, 10 o'clock, London Kings Cross. I was waiting for my train. It was delayed. The weekend had been interesting, intense, and now I was ready to go back home, go to sleep. I looked up and realised that there was a couple sitting next to me, holding each other close. There were two couples sitting on the bench in front of me, two more standing close by and another one kissing next to the cash machine in front of me. It felt like a scene from a Richard Curtis film. It felt strange. At that moment, my ipod playlist started playing one of my all-time favourite songs. A strange coincidence, and definitely not the happiest moment of my life.

8 comments:

  1. i've had a few of those moments lately, too. at least you know you're alive, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is beautiful, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Best to focus on the good things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( :( :( :( theodora. if all else fails (and it won't) you can always become a cat lady with me. i would be honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's one of those moments that I think we have all experienced--when you swear the universe is purposefully mocking you by making you an 'extra' in a movie so to speak. But it can't be all bad, especially when Wilco is on your ipod right right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is soooo beautiful and I like your alarm! Enjoy your day! In Germany it´s getting colder and colder! Time for a cap and gloves, walking in the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your room does look very nice! i've always wanted a fireplace in my room. :) and hopefully some happier moments await you!

    ReplyDelete