Saturday 30 October 2010

week



Day 13 - This week

I've had better weeks, but let's not talk about that, let's talk about the three best things instead.
1. Over lunch we had a good rant about conservative politics, the semi-braindead people I know who are so middle-aged and housewifey it makes me sick, and pretty much everything else you can think of. It made me feel much better.
2. A walk through the forest. I walked so fast I was almost running up that hill and it felt so good to be alone there. Have you ever read about trees that look like a cathedral? Well, that's exactly what it was like, and the light was just as yellow and soft as it is in a gothic church. I stood on top of the observation tower and the whole forest was red and yellow and the hills and the city looked softer and friendlier than usual. Then I walked round the meadows and watched the sunset. The walkers and children with their kites stopped and enjoyed it as well. It was so nice.
3. My mum and I went to see the Rodin exhibition, had lunch at a semi-famous restaurant and went for a nice little walk. Hands down the best day.

(I watched This Week recently and it's a bit insane.)

2 comments: