Monday 17 May 2010

4

rainy saturday
1. It rained and rained for three days in a row. I couldn't sleep at night because of the sound, both comforting and slightly scary.


2. "Lily's Eyes" by Teacups. Bands that claim that "the world should run on magic" are made of win, if you ask me. This song is so incredibly lovely.

football
3. My brother took me to a football game of his favourite club. We were lucky because it had stopped raining, it was incredibly cold though when we cycled past children on playgrounds and grandfathers with newspapers to get to the stadium. We sat surrounded by elderly men who commented on the game in the strongest dialect I have ever heard. It was the best part of my week, obviously.

4. I love it when people are straightforward:

Mr Laws said the task ahead was "colossal". He said his predecessor, Liam Byrne, had left him a letter, which he assumed had been some advice. "Unfortunately, when I opened it, it was a one-sentence letter which simply said

'Dear Chief Secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left',

which was honest but slightly less helpful advice than I had been expecting," he said.

(source: bbc)

No comments:

Post a Comment