Wednesday 17 June 2009

oh, Cluj

church towers
mysterious parts of our hotel
being enthusiastic about Cluj

Cluj was definitely my favourite of all the cities we visited in Romania. We only stayed for one night, our last night in Romania, and both Max and I really wished we could spend more time there. It was such an interesting place, unlike any other city I'd been to, not like the Romanian towns but then of course similar at the same time. It also felt like home i.e. Austria and like an Italian town. (I feel like I'm performing Orientalism, writing this!) Because it got dark soon after we arrived, I couldn't take many pictures, but what we saw made me want to go back, as soon as possible, to sit in one of the cafés for example. Apart from the beautiful buildings and the interesting atmosphere, I also fondly remember the bookshop where we got English literature classics for really cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment