Saturday 13 June 2009

get well now

she's got the sun in her backCat got a racing bikeJacques Henri Lartigue


Cat got a racing bike, so we cycled round town last week and ate icecream. It cheered me up enormously! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to ride your bike with friends and just talk and try to avoid knocking into tourists. It's my new favourite daytime activity now, I wish I could do that all day. Well, actually, it's what I always do in the summer holidays anyway, cycle to random places and take pictures of random things. We had a nice talk about photography and ranted about how bored we are with "perfect" pictures where nothing happens, all those photographs of plants and buildings. Right now I just want to take as many silly pictures of people as possible!
Quinten showed me a book about Jacques Henri Lartigue in a museum in Amsterdam and it was pretty much the best thing ever, all those pictures of people doing things, having fun, performing for this little boy's camera. I wonder if that's still possibly in the time of the interwebs, when everyone is so camera-conscious? Probably not.

1 comment: