Wednesday 9 July 2008

3...6...9...seconds of light


This is my favourite dress.
Last Wednesday I had thrown it on because it's just this one piece of clothing that everyone has or should have: It makes me feel comfortable, but not the way a pyjama does. It makes me feel good about myself. I like the colour, I like the simplicity, I just like myself in it.
I was wearing red shoes with it. The photos above are quite old, but you get it. I did a guided tour in the museum, then climbed a church tower with Martin and Markus, then I worked in the football exhibition and afterwards all of us decided to have a drink in the Museumsquartier. As we were walking along, laughing and chatting, Martin and I ended up next to each other because we were both pushing our bikes. He looked me up and down, smiled a bit and then said one of the funniest things anyone has ever said to me.
"You look like you should be in a black and white film, but you're the only thing in colour. The blue dress, the red shoes..."

I didn't really know what to say. But it's actually quite amazing.

And it made me think of Voksne Mennesker. A black and white film with only one shot in the brightest, most beautiful colours.

1 comment: